Friday 24 July 2015

IFAD exhibitions review


Today I went to the IFAD show which was the students who studied international foundation Art & Design in UCA.

Because my major is fashion design, so I saw fashion work first. This one is created by a pretty Chinese girl- Coco whose study fashion textile. When the first time I saw her work, I felt it is quite simple, but when I have a look for her sketchbook I was change my mind.






She used different ways and materials to creative her conception and extend idea. Coco’s final piece as three garments want to be a tough and strong woman, but her also loves dramatic costumes. Therefore her final outcome is demonstrating about power and structure, which was two crucial elements she most admire and desire, thus she decided to include them in her final garment. In being a woman. Eugene Delacroix painting ‘Liberty Leading the People’ which was about the July Revolution 1830 in France inspired Coco’s collection. And also connect with the historical painting in Romanticism.
“I want to create my own style, dramatic but yet powerful.” Coco said.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought most of their exhibitions are quite simple but the sketchbooks are really brilliant. Every sketchbook of them is like the process of a film about their works. Also, the final work can be improved a little because in my opinion, the quality of final work is more important than the process of thought in this stage.

    ReplyDelete